Working a college fair

May 4, 2017 by brgrasso

If I haven’t told you yet, I love my job. As a student ambassador in the Office of Undergraduate Admission I give tours, answer phone calls and go to college fairs. While I enjoy every part, I especially like going to fairs where I can talk to students and families about my experience at La Verne.

I’m always asked, “Why did you choose La Verne?” and I always tell the same story. In high school I didn’t get involved in anything. I knew going into college that I needed a place where I could put myself out there and be comfortable getting involved. For me, that place was La Verne. And it all payed off. La Verne has given me so many opportunities to grow and expand my horizons. I never thought I’d be at college fairs talking to families or editing the student newspaper. My hope is that when I tell high schoolers about my experience, they see why La Verne’s small size is so special.

The most recent fair I went to was setup like a dorm room, and we took Polaroids of students.

Without my job as an ambassador I am positive my experience would not have been the same. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to start my freshman year and hold it until I graduate. Here’s to another great year!

Until next week,

Brooke