Farewell to a Great Semester

May 18, 2017 by brgrasso

As the year comes to a close, it is a bittersweet feeling. I had a great semester, but am looking forward to the opportunities I have this summer and in the fall. Although I am leaving behind my position as editor-in-chief of The Campus Times, I am moving into the position of editor for La Verne Magazine and Student Ambassador Manager for the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

For the summer, I have filled up my schedule with work and possible internships. Although it won’t feel like summer break, I am confident in the experience I will be getting that will hopefully help me after graduation. I am going to continue working as a tour guide over the summer, and I also got a job as a PR writer. On top of those two jobs I am hoping to land an internship that I am going in for an interview soon. Overall, I will be working 5-6 days a week, but I think the experience and opportunities these positions present is well worth it.

Admission ambassadors and counselors at our end of the year celebration

The saddest part about the end of the year is saying goodbye to those graduating seniors, and even imagining myself in their shoes next year. I can’t believe three years have already flown by. I am very excited for this stressful semester to be behind me and to start all over again for senior year!

This is also the last blog I will be writing for you all. I hope that my study abroad and spring semester experiences have shown you a little bit of what La Verne life is like. I have truly found my place at La Verne, and I hope that if you are looking for your place, you find it the way I was able to.

With that, it is time for me to study for finals and prepare for my potluck tomorrow.

I wish you all good luck studying for finals and a happy summer!

Brooke Grasso